Activities Volunteer (living in West Auckland with transport)
- Mondays 6:30pm-7:30pm
- We need a female volunteer who can transport a young woman to our sports/activities every Monday at the Roskill Youth Zone. The volunteer would be welcome to join in the activities. This is a fun hour of games and movement!
If you are living out west and think you can help please get in touch with Steph : 027 5199855
Childcare Support ( Mangere Refugee Centre )
- 3pm – 5pm – Four Wednesdays every 8 weeks
- This position is to work with one of our Community Facilitators looking after children while adults are in group health sessions. We’re looking for creative adults who can develop games for children, utilising the outdoor playground or indoor recreation room.
Study Buddy Academic Support (15yrs – 24yrs)
- Saturdays from 2pm – 4pm ( Minimum 8 Week commitment)
- Description: We need volunteers who can support the academic needs of youth at high school and early university level. Volunteers must have a firm grounding in math, science and/or English, and skills around career development are also highly desirable (but not required).
Ponder Club Apprentice Facilitator
- Fortnightly Saturdays, 6pm-8pm
- Description: The Ponder Club supports young people from Refugee backgrounds to have their voices heard on issues that affect them. This club is facilitated with youth empowerment as its focus. We have two experienced facilitators who would love to pass down their knowledge and support others to set up Ponder Clubs around Auckland. This is such an exciting position for someone with a passion for empowering youth!
Entertainment at Mangere Refugee Centre
- Ongoing – Calling for Expressions of Interest
- Description: We are looking for groups or individuals who would be keen to provide musical, artistic, cultural, sporting or dramatic entertainment to those who are staying at the Refugee Camp. This is an opportunity to bring some light and laughter to families who have just arrived in New Zealand as resettled refugees. If you have a band, an improvisation group, physical theatre, circus group or something of the sort, call us today to secure your place on the entertainment roster!
- Description: We regularly need volunteers to help out at functions and events throughout the year. If you’re keen to get involved in spreading the word about RASNZ’s work and the importance of welcoming people from refugee backgrounds into our communities, we’d love to hear from you!
If any of these positions interest you, please call Sarah on 027 561 1454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org