“Thanks for having the KPMG Summer Interns over to provide activities at the Mangere Refugee Resettlement Centre. We enjoyed the two days just as much as the kids!”
RASNZ works to provide people from refugee backgrounds with access to quality, culturally-sensitive mental health services to assist with positive resettlement in Aotearoa.
The nature of our work means we ultimately rely less on individual volunteers and more on groups from community organisations, schools and businesses. (When individual roles do arise, these will be advertised on this page).
If you are part of a group of 3-10 people who are keen to support refugee resettlement, we’d love to hear from you!
Group volunteer opportunities:
- Facilitating Hungerball and other activities for children and youth at MRRC (weekdays only)
- Providing family entertainment (music, circus, dance, etc) during quiet times at MRRC (weekdays only)
- Organising fundraising activities to support our community work with youth and families*
- Hosting mother/daughter groups as part of RASNZ Youth at Mt Roskill
- Designing and facilitating activities for RASNZ Youth school holiday programmes (weekdays only)
*If you’re keen to run a fundraising activity for us, we’re here to help! We can provide you with materials (including buckets and stickers), organise speakers to help motivate your audience and inform them about the refugee journey, or even facilitate community awareness workshops!
For more information about any of the volunteering opportunities outlined above, please contact RASNZ Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator, Sarah Macdonald, at email@example.com.
For fundraising inquiries or support, please contact RASNZ Fundraising & Communications Manager, Mackenzie Koppel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RASNZ has partnered with the folks at Hungerball to provide active fun for children and young people from refugee backgrounds. Hungerball is fast and fun football, where players defend a goal and attack at once in a specially-designed, six-goal inflatable arena. It can be played individually or in teams and suits all ages,
If you or your team would like to facilitate a Hungerball session at MRRC, get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinator today!