Sir Robert Jones Refugee Daughters’ Scholarship
The Sir Robert Jones Scholarship assists young women from refugee backgrounds to complete a university degree or tertiary qualification from an approved tertiary institution. This philanthropic gift is for young women who aspire to a tertiary qualification, but are denied the opportunity because of family circumstances. Tuition fees are paid for full-time study and university hostel accommodation is paid for two years if the student attends a tertiary institution away from home.
Young women from refugee backgrounds:
- Aged 18 – 25 years
- Financial and/or personal hardship
- Ability to succeed
– Evidence of a strong academic record
– Evidence of potential and motivation to succeed at university
- Already studying towards a Foundation Course or a university level degree
- Year 13 students are not eligible to apply as your first year of tertiary study will be free. See more details at feesfree.govt.nz
- Applications for the 2021 academic year are now open.
- The closing date for 2021 applications is Sunday, July 5.
- Inquiries should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited number of scholarships are available each year. Applications are first assessed according to the application criteria which are set by Robert Jones Holdings and their University partners.