Sir Robert Jones Refugee Daughters’ Scholarship
The Sir Robert Jones Scholarship assists young women from refugee backgrounds to complete a university degree or tertiary qualification from an approved tertiary institution. This philanthropic gift is for young women who aspire to a tertiary qualification, but are denied the opportunity because of family circumstances. Tuition fees are paid for full-time study and university hostel accommodation is paid for two years if the student attends a tertiary institution away from home.
“I don’t know how I can thank you enough. Me and my family would like to say a big ‘thank you’ to the whole team at RASNZ and to Sir Robert Jones for this amazing opportunity to make our dream come true. You did not educate one person, but the whole village in my country. We are forever grateful. Once again thank you.”
-Amani. Sir Robert Jones Scholarship Recipient
Young women from refugee backgrounds:
- Aged 18 – 25 years
- Already studying towards a Foundation Course or a university level degree
- A strong academic record
- Financial and/or personal hardship (proof of economic circumstances may be required)
- Evidence of involvement in community, sport or other activities outside the classroom
- Year 13 students are not eligible to apply as your first year of tertiary study will be free. See more details at feesfree.govt.nz
- Applications for the 2020 academic year have now closed.
- Applications for 2021 will be open in July 2020. Inquiries should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org